Friday, September 23, 2011

Positive

I have been taking my temperatures and charting them for a few months now in order to know when I was ovulating. My temperatures spiked toward the end of my cycle and remained high. According to my fertility book, if your temps are high for 18+ days it means you could be pregnant. I wasn't convinced after I hit day 19 since I was sure getting pregnant wasn't going to be easy.

My period was about a week or so late when I started to wonder. 18+ high temps, late period, I'm starting to feel really tired. Could I be pregnant? I really didn't want to take a test and see the negative so I kept putting it off. I became even more tired, my stomach was a little crampy, and and I was hungry all the time! This has got to be it.

On Sunday, September 4th I took the test. Immediately the plus sign showed up!!! I am pregnant! My heart raced and my palms got sweaty. Was it true? This couldn't be happening. It had to be a false negative....

Over the next week I became more tired and hungry. My stomach continued to feel boated and cramped. I finally called the doctor to set up a confirmation appointment.

The doctor doesn't want to see me until I'm 10 weeks. They want to be able to see the heartbeat on the ultrasound. It is killing me to wait that long, but I'm down to 2 weeks! I can't wait!!

I haven't had a lot of symptoms. Yes, I'm tired, hungry, crampy, and I have to pee a lot, but I am not vomiting, my boobs don't hurt, and I'm not having an cravings. I'll chalk it up to luck :)



Photo taken from Me, Myself, and I blog

1 comment: